Teenagehood is a complicated stage of life filled with changes, uncertainty, and excitement. It’s a time when young people seek inspiration, role models, and sources of entertainment. One way they do that is by watching TV shows that explore themes they can relate to. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best teenager TV shows from around the world, categorized by country.
The USA is famous for producing some of the most popular teenager TV shows.
- Gossip Girl is a classic that follows the lives of wealthy teenagers living in Manhattan’s Upper East Side.
- Riverdale is a dark and twisted take on Archie Comics, set in a small town where supernatural events keep happening.
- Stranger Things is a science-fiction series set in the 1980s that explores friendship, love, and horror in a small town.
- The Vampire Diaries is a romantic drama that follows the lives of two vampire brothers and a teenage girl.
- 13 Reasons Why is a controversial show that tackles the sensitive issue of teenage suicide but also delves into themes of love, friendship, and high school politics.
Singapore may be a small country, but it has produced some memorable teenager TV shows.
- Heartland Hubby is a comedy series that follows the lives of three male friends as they navigate adulthood.
- Young & Fabulous is a romantic drama that explores the lives of four young women trying to make it in the fashion industry.
- Growing Up is a coming-of-age drama that follows the lives of three siblings and their friends as they go through high school.
- Tanglin is a soap opera that deals with family dynamics, friendships, and romance.
- Code of Law is a legal drama that follows the lives of lawyers and detectives as they solve complex cases.
Australia is another country that has a rich history of producing teenager TV shows.
- H2O: Just Add Water is a fantasy series that follows the lives of three mermaids as they try to keep their secret safe.
- Dance Academy is a drama that follows a group of teenagers as they train to become professional dancers.
- Nowhere Boys is a science-fiction series that explores themes of friendship, identity, and parallel universes.
- Puberty Blues is a coming-of-age drama that follows two teenage girls navigating the challenges of growing up in the 1970s.
- The Sleepover Club is a comedy series that follows the lives of five teenage girls as they have fun and make mischief.
New Zealand may be small, but it has produced some unique teenager TV shows.
- The Tribe is a dystopian series set in a world where a virus has wiped out adults, and children have to fend for themselves.
- Being Eve is a comedy-drama that explores the challenges of being a teenage girl and the complicated relationship with her parents.
- Atlantis High is a comedy series that parodies classic teen drama shows and sci-fi movies.
- The Cul-de-sac is a thriller that follows the lives of four teenagers living in a quiet suburb with a dark secret.
- The Almighty Johnsons is a fantasy series that follows the lives of four brothers who are actually reincarnated Norse gods.
Japan is famous for its anime and manga, but it also produces some excellent teenager TV shows.
- Attack on Titan is a dark fantasy series that follows a group of teenagers fighting to survive against giant humanoid creatures.
- Death Note is a psychological thriller that follows a high school student who finds a supernatural notebook that can kill anyone whose name he writes in it.
- My Hero Academia is a superhero series that explores the journey of a young boy with no powers who wants to become a hero.
- Haikyuu!! is a sports anime that follows a high school volleyball team as they strive to win the championship.
- Kimi ni Todoke is a romantic drama that follows the lives of two high school students trying to